For Fall 2011 Admitted Students:
Please read this checklist carefully, use it to keep track of your progress, and bookmark this page for future reference (or maybe put a copy for the refrigerator so you and your family can track your progress!). Important steps, some with deadlines, are bulleted below. You will receive specific instructions regarding each of these steps.
Please contact Admissions at 1-800-763-0198 if you have any questions or Kirsten Simmons at Simmonskm@sapc.edu
I will be happy to assist you!
ST. ANDREWS INTERNATIONAL CHECKLIST
- Confirm your plans to attend St. Andrews with your deposit of $1,000 US Currency
- Send all final transcript information to WES (World Education Services) www.wes.org or IERF (International Educational Research Foundation)www.ierf.org
- I - 20 is issued after transcript evaluation is complete and deposit is received
- I – 20 will be sent from St. Andrews 60 days prior to your arrival for International Orientation. It will come by UPS, unless otherwise instructed.
- To obtain your I – 901 Form visit https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee
- Once you have received your I – 20 make an appointment with your Embassy. Bring 1- 20 and I -901 Form with you to your appointment. The Embassy will issue your F1 Visa.
- You must have all documents on your person as you travel to St. Andrews. You will need to present these documents to St. Andrews during the International Orientation.
- If you are receiving any scholarships from St. Andrews:
- Financial Aid Office emails your award package
- You must accept your financial aid award package by signing and returning to the Office of Financial Aid
- If you are participating in an athletic sport at St. Andrews and have been offered a scholarship you must
- Sign National Letter of Intent (NLI) to receive Athletic Scholarsh
- Sign Letter of Commitment (LOC) to receive Athletic Scholarship
ACADEMICS (will be activated in early June)
- Consider registering for an Online Course to get a jump on your college career.
- Complete Early Class Registration for Fall classes
- Activate your campus computer and email account – once password is received
- Must complete FERPA form
- Complete housing contract
- Complete housing survey
- Once roommate information is received, contact roommate to coordinate room furnishings
- (Can be purchased here in Laurinburg after arrival
- Identify your campus mailing address and telephone number and give to family (received after Housing Contract is complete)
- Complete Directory
- Complete Student Health & Wellness, including immunizations and physical
- If an athlete, also complete Athletic Physical
- If an equestrian, also complete Equestrian Physical
- All international students are required to purchase the International Student Health Insurance through Andrews (information will be included your first bill)
- When you receive your bill, submit full payment for balance due for the current term PRIOR to your arrival. St. Andrews accepts check, credit card or wire transfer. To transfer funds or for questions contact Kay Cavendish, Billing Office at 910-277-5225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Arrival is August 17, 2011
- Communicate travel arrangements and arrival plans
By contacting Kirsten Simmons
- Continue to New Student Orientation on August 18-21, 2011