Approved Electrical Appliances
ST ANDREWS PRESBYTERIAN COLLEGE
APPROVED ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES** FOR USE IN STUDENT ROOMS
FOR ELECTRICAL AND FIRE SAFETY
**ALL APPLIANCES MUST HAVE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER'S U.L. SEAL OF APPROVAL ATTACHED.
- Refrigerator- 2.7 Cubic Ft. or less, One per room
- Stereo- One per room
- T.V.- One per room
- Small fan- One per room
- Computer System
- Play Station/Nintendo
- Hair Dryer *Please use in your suite bathroom.
- Curling Iron
- Alarm Clock
- Can Opener
- Electric Shaver
- Lamps/Lights using regular light bulbs
- Power Strips
- Cell Phone Charger
- Toothbrush Charger
- Air Filter
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Wheelchair Battery Charger
If a student requires an additional item that is not listed, a request in writing may be submitted to the Director of Residence Life, identifying the item with rationale for its necessity. Written approval must be received prior to placing the item in your room.
PROHIBITED ITEMS FOR RESIDENCE HALL STUDENT ROOMS
- Any appliance not listed above. Specifically, NO cooking appliances--toaster, toaster oven, grill, fry baby, coffee pot, crock pot, etc.
- Extension cords
- Decorative string lights
- Decorative materials hanging over or under lights, ceiling lights included
- Flammable items (candles, oil lamps, incense, halogen lamps, etc.)
- Items that may be flammable or deter in fire rescue may not be hung on walls, ceilings or in doorways in individual rooms, hallways, or main or suite lounges.
THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND EFFORT TOWARD SAFE LIVING ON CAMPUS.