Faculty, Staff, and Athletic Employment Opportunities
1700 Dogwood Mile
Webber International University
St. Andrews University
(a branch of Webber International University)
(collectively, The University)
The University’s mission is to offer students an array of pre-professional and liberal arts and sciences programs of study that create a life transforming educational opportunity which is practical in its application, global in its scope, and multi-disciplinary in its general education core. Students will acquire depth of knowledge and expertise in their chosen field of study, balanced by breadth of knowledge across various disciplines. Special emphasis is placed on enhancing oral and written communication, and critical thinking skills.
The University awards degrees at the associate, bachelor and master levels, and offers students educational opportunities at locations in Florida and North Carolina. Traditional classroom, online, and hybrid learning environments are available. Opportunities exist for students to draw on the courses and programs of study at both locations through online courses and/or periods of residence at either campus. Webber’s programs in Florida focus on the worldwide business environment, and emphasize development of skills in administration and strategic planning, applied modern business practices, and entrepreneurship. The St. Andrews locations offer an array of traditional undergraduate liberal arts and sciences and pre-professional programs of study.
Administrative approval: November 17, 2011
Approved by the Webber and St. Andrews Boards of Trustees: December 19, 2011
St. Andrews University, a branch of Webber International University, invites applications for a full-time Assistant/Associate Professor position in Psychology beginning August, 2013.
A strong commitment to teaching excellence in the context of a liberal arts and sciences university and to developing an ongoing program of scholarship which includes undergraduates is expected. Candidates should be willing to participate in interdisciplinary instruction and programming as part of an innovative general education program. Prior teaching experience preferable. Ph.D. required.
For consideration please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, statements of teaching philosophy and research interests, and the names and contact information for three references to Dr. John A. Knesel, Chair, Department of Natural and Life Sciences, St. Andrews University, 1700 Dogwood Mile, Laurinburg, NC 28352 or to: email@example.com. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The university is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. www.sapc.edu
Immediate opening for a Campus Director of Enrollment Management responsible for overall supervision of admissions and financial aid at St. Andrews University located in Laurinburg, NC.
About the University
St. Andrews University, a branch of Webber International University, Babson Park, Florida, is a student and teaching-focused University located in Laurinburg, North Carolina. It offers a broad range of undergraduate liberal arts and sciences majors, to both traditional residential students and adult learners, in a curriculum that is global in scope and practical in its application. The quality of the St. Andrews educational experience has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report, The Princeton Review, and GI Jobs among others. In addition to its many academic programs, St. Andrews has numerous men’s and women’s athletic teams, an acclaimed university press, a nationally competitive equestrian program, opportunities for international study, and an award-winning pipe band. St. Andrews is military-friendly. While the majority of students are traditional, residential undergraduates, the University also offers an accelerated adult completion program (nights and weekends), an evening MBA, and completely on-line degrees. St. Andrews University is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Position
The Campus Director of Enrollment Management will have primary responsibility for the overall coordination of admissions and financial aid services for all traditional residential students on the St. Andrews campus in Laurinburg, NC. The Campus Director will also have primary responsibility for the recruitment of all non-traditional students into graduate, on-line, and blended programs on the main campus in Laurinburg and at an additional instructional location in Pinehurst, NC. The Campus Director will be expected to oversee, train and motivate a staff of admissions counselors, financial aid staff members and an office manager. The Campus Director will be expected to work closely with coaches, equestrian staff, faculty and all other staff members directly involved in the recruitment of students to St. Andrews. Because of the nature of admissions, occasional night and weekend work, and additional overnight travel, will be required.
The Campus Director is responsible for:
- Meeting overall and program specific admission goals
- Insuring timely and proper completion of departmental documentation
- Monitoring and tracking the performance of departmental personnel
- Overseeing assigned personnel including scheduling, workflow, training, performance evaluation, and counseling
- Serving on relevant committees, as assigned
- Operating the department ethically and according to policies and procedures
- Motivating employees to optimal performance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years of experience in a results-oriented higher education admissions office, preferably at the Director of Admissions level (though well qualified Assistant or Associate Directors are also invited to apply)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a wide variety of people (e.g., students, parents, subordinates, co-workers, faculty, staff, etc.)
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional standards
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with enrollment management data systems
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and travel as necessary
- Familiarity with Presbyterian Church (USA) and its organizational structure
- Integrity, maturity, vision, flexibility
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time
- Willingness to work as part of an enrollment management team
- Willingness to actively participate in the life of the University and its local community
How to Apply
MAIL a résumé and salary expectations to: Campus President, St. Andrews University, 1700 Dogwood Mile, Laurinburg, NC 28352. A cover letter explaining the attributes, experiences, and attitudes you bring to the position, and how they might fit within an organization like the University would be helpful. This position is currently open, and the ideal candidate could start immediately.
No positions available
No positions available
For consumer information regarding St. Andrews, please see the Consumer Information Guide, available online at http://www.sapc.edu/aboutsa/sapcconsumerinfo.php or in printed format at http://www.sapc.edu/aboutsa/images/sapcconsumerinfo20102011.pdf. Inquiries or complaints should be directed to the Office of Administration.